(l to r) Peter Cooper, Village Trustee; Sue Connors, Village Clerk; Bob Minix, Professional Engineer; Michele Stegall, Village Planner; Mark Pfefferman, Village President; Julius Hansen, Director of Public Works; Phil Hartweg, Village Trustee; Carl Henninger, Village Trustee; Mark Franz, Village Manager; Stewart Diamond, Village Attorney
The Village of Glen Ellyn was incorporated in 1834. Before the railroad was built, the first Glen Ellyn settlement began in what is now northern Glen Ellyn, at the corner of Main Street and Geneva Road. The Galena and Chicago Union Railroad built a rail line through Glen Ellyn in 1849, and the center of the Village was diverted to Main Street and Crescent Boulevard, which still is the location of the current Glen Ellyn train station. A second main line through the Village was constructed in 1857. The Chicago & North Western Railway constructed a third main line track in 1923-24. Union Pacific merged with the C&NW in 1995.